Luggage / Baggage Category Descriptions
- This luggage category includes wheeled bags of all kinds. They allow you to pull your bag behind
you and eliminate the strain of carrying a heavy bag. Most of these bags will have an extendable pull
handle for easy pulling without having to bend over. There are wheeled versions of most types of luggage,
including suitcases, computer bags, and duffel bags.
- Here is the luggage for those of us who seem to always bring back more than we left with. Expandable bags
expand to increase their volume and carrying capacity. A zipper allows you to easily expand or contract the bag
as needed. These bags usually expand anywhere from 5% to 15%, depending on the style of the bag and on its
- These are versatile bags for a day full of any type of activity. They are worn on your back so that your hands
remain free. Adjustable shoulder straps make them comfortable with whatever you carry in them. Some versions
even have a protective sleeve for a laptop computer. Use one around town, on a hike, as an overnight bag, for
school, or even for work.
Travel Packs / Backpacks
- This type of baggage is designed for the back road traveler who carries everything on their back. Adjustable waist
and shoulder straps keep them comfortable, while multiple pockets and compartments keep them organized. Backpacks
are the bag of choice if you are constantly on the move or getting away on your own adventure.
Carry-On Bags / Tote Bags
- These bags meet most airlines' baggage guidelines and can be carried on most airplanes to fit in their overhead compartments.
Carry-on bags come in a variety of styles from rolling bags to backpacks to overnight bags. Tote bags are convenient bags for a
variety of handy uses, such as carry-on, shopping or heading to the beach.
- There are a wide selection of shoulder bag styles, colors and sizes, and everyone has their favorite depending on how they use it. They
range from courier-style to flight bags to purses, and they can usually be worn over one shoulder or across the chest.
Adjustable shoulder straps keep them versatile and allow anyone to wear them comfortably.
- Designed for the businessman or businesswoman on the go, business bags range from briefcases to computer sleeves to flight
bags to help you get through your business day or your next business trip. Keep youself organized! Protect your
laptop computer! Hold everything you need for a day at the office or that short notice, overnight business meeting!
Gear Bags / Duffel Bags
- Duffel Bags and gear bags are soft-sided bags for carrying all of the gear you need for weekend activities or vacation fun. They
are tough enough to stand up to car trunks, land rover roof racks, or even the back of a yak. Many are collapsible for packing
inside another bag but expand when you need them to hold more than you would think! Wheeled duffels and rolling trunks hold all
of your gear without putting a strain on your back.
Yes, there are a lot of different types of travel bags out there. If you are unsure of what to look for when
comparison shopping for a new piece of luggage? We have some helpful information for you to consider.
Read our article on "How To Buy New Luggage".